Skilled Migration Visa (189/190/491 Subclasses)
The skilled Migration visa category is a permanent visa type that lets an individual to live in Australia permanently with unlimited work or study rights. The 189/190/491 skilled Visa is granted for a period of 5 years. This visa will allow the individual to work and live in Australia for an indefinite period but the travel component of this visa to and from Australia expires 5 years from the date of visa grant.
Among the category of skilled migration, 189 Visa is an independent subclass that does not require any nomination or sponsorship from the state or from any employment. Applicant can claim their points after skill assessment at the time of Expression of Interest (EOI). On the other hand, 190 visas besides the EOI lodgement and claiming of points, also need the state government to nominate them for them to get an invitation to apply for the visa. Lastly, the 491 Visa is a regional provisional visa which is a pathway to permanent residency under the 191-visa category. This category of visa applicants needs nomination from the regional government of Australia for them to be eligible.
- Age less than 45
- Have English Competent Skills using English Proficiency Test
- Have a valid skill Assessment from an occupation in the MLTSSL/STSOL/ROL
- Applicants must have a score of 65 or more in the Points Tested Stream through their Expression of Interest
- Submission of an expression of interest (EOI)
- Receive an invitation from the government, state territory, or regional territory of Australia
- The applicant and his family members applying for this visa must meet all the health and character requirements
- Hold a valid Police check from the Australian authority and overseas authority
- Meet the State requirement for 190 Visa nomination
- Meet the regional territory requirement for 491 visa nomination
BENEFIT OF SKILLED MIGRATION VISA:
- The Australian skilled migration visa allows an individual to stay in Australia for an indefinite period and is considered a permanent Australian resident.
- This visa will let you enroll yourself into Australia’s public health care scheme.
- This visa category also allows an individual to sponsor their relatives in coming to Australia
- With this visa, an applicant can apply for citizenship after a certain time as permanent resident in Australia
|Visa Type||75% of Applications processed in||90% of applications processed in|
|Skilled Independent 189 Visa||24 months||35 months|
|Skilled Nominated 190 Visa||9 months||19 months|
|Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (Subclass 491)||9 months||18 months|