Covid Visa 408 Subclass

Temporary visa holders with work privileges can apply for the COVID visa 408 subclass for a term of 6 or 12 months without paying a Visa Application Charge if they work in any sector of the Australian economy. The administration has taken this step to help the economy recover from the effects of Covid-19. Australia's unemployment rate is at an all-time low, and businesses across all industries need competent employees to fill critical positions. As a result, in order to retain migrant workers and improve the economy, the government has lifted the restrictions on the Covid-19 Pandemic Visa's sector eligibility.

Contact Fusionoz to get 408 covid visa application

408 Covid Visa Eligibility criteria/checklist:

    1. Currently staying in Australia.
    2. Have 3 months left on your current visa.
    3. Able to sustain financially while in Australia.
    4. Valid Employment evidence
    5. Must continue to be employed.
    6. Meet the health and character requirements of the Australian Government.
    7. Have adequate health insurance.
    8. Demonstrate sincere purpose to stay in Australia for a limited time.

Perks of COVID Visa 408:

    1. Stay for a period of up to 12 months
    2. Temporary visa with multiple entries
    3. Full working rights
    4. Travel within or outside of Australia
    5. No visa application charge.
    6. Include members of the family unit.

Processing time:

  • 75% of the visas are processed in 4 months
  • 90% of the visas are processed in 6 months
  • General FAQ’s

    1Can I extend my stay in Australia with 408 visas?
    No, this is not an extendable visa. You must apply for a new visa if you want to stay longer after your current 408 visa expires.
    2Can I travel overseas on this visa?
    Yes, you can travel outside of Australia and return as many times as you like as long as your COVID-19 Pandemic event visa is valid and you meet any travel rules in existence at the time you travel.
    3Can I bring my family if I am on 408 visas?
    Family members who did not apply with you for the visa may be eligible for a later entrant visa. You can use the Temporary Work and Activity visa (Subsequent Entrant) (403,407,408) to apply for a subsequent entrant visa.
    4Can I be unemployed on this visa?
    If you are issued a COVID-19 Pandemic event visa, you should continue to work while you have it. If you are no longer employed, you should look for new work or make plans to leave Australia.

    Let us help you in your Australian Journey to Permanent Residency by simply being “Better Together”


    (02) 8385 6497




    Contact us. Feel free to call or write anytime

      (02) 8385 6497