Visa 408 Subclass
Temporary visa holders with work privileges can apply for the COVID visa 408 subclass for a term of 12 to 24 months without paying a Visa Application Charge if they work in any sector of the Australian economy. The administration has taken this step to help the economy recover from the effects of Covid-19.
Australia's unemployment rate is at an all-time low, and businesses across all industries need competent employees to fill critical positions. As a result, in order to retain migrant workers and improve the economy, the government has lifted the restrictions on the 408 Visa Subclass (Covid-19 Pandemic Event) eligibility.
- Currently staying in Australia.
- Have 3 months left on your current visa.
- Able to sustain financially while in Australia.
- Valid Employment evidence
- Must continue to be employed.
- Meet the health and character requirements of the Australian Government.
- Have adequate health insurance.
- Demonstrate sincere purpose to stay in Australia for a limited time
- Stay for a period of up to 24 months
- Temporary visa with multiple entries
- Full working rights
- Travel within or outside of Australia
- No visa application charge.
- Include members of the family unit
- To fasten 408 visa subclasses, currently, no medical exams are required and as a result, the processing time for this visa subclass usually takes 1 day to a maximum of 3 months.